I developed this recipe for these fishcakes, as I wanted something very quick and simple to prepare, but really healthy too. These are very light and delicately flavoured. Feel free to add more flavour if you like. I wanted something that would really make the most of the delicate flavour of the lemon sole.
This is a very simple and quick recipe to prepare with very little skill involved – perfect if you are in a hurry and want something straight forward to cook. I like to serve these with a salad for a light lunch.
Lemon sole fish cakes
- 4 lemon sole fillets
- 1 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ a beaten egg
- 1 handful of chopped fresh parsley and chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1) Steam the fish for around 10 minutes until it is cooked and flakes easily. Place the fish into a large mixing bowl and flake using two forks
2) Add the yoghurt, mustard, egg and herbs and stir in well
3) Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan
4) Spoon the fishcake mixture in – this should make around 4 medium sized fishcakes
5) Cook for around 3 minutes on each side until golden brown
6) Season with salt and pepper and serve with a wedge of lemon and a side salad